View Single Post
Old 9th September 2018, 22:00   #34
Sheraton
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 1.8t

While my "Special K"-series may NOT be bulletproof Given the Piston Damage I uncovered recently - the Engine was still driving and running better than a lot of Cars do with No supposed issues

I'm Not sure why it would be a concern to drive a K-series at 90mph for a length of time - the K-series was (as far as i'm aware) designed to be operated at around 6250 RPM Continuously with occasional periods of Higher RPM use

I MAY or may NOT have taken my Car to the High End of 4th Gear Once IF I did it was Probably on the Autobahn tho

From my experience the 1.8t K-series Does NOT live up to the Negative Hype it's Best kept a Secret tho

I recently saw a Video claiming to be a K-series i assume it was in a Lotus Elise - hard to be sure as the Video never showed much of the Car or Engine - I forget the Torque Figures (high Enough tho) it peaked around 530BHP with an expected 600BHP with a bigger Fuel Pump I'm Assuming Forged Internals etc.. still

I'm sure there was mention of the Car running 300BHP or so on Standard Internals

No hate for the Diesel Engines tho - I've Never driven one I'm sure they'll be Great - Comparing the latest 1.4t Petrol Zafira with a previous Diesel Zafira the Diesel had better Power Delivery (forget the engine size) the Turbo on the New Petrol Car loses puff too early.

I like having a Rover Engine in my Rover tho

Paul.
Sheraton is offline   Reply With Quote