View Single Post
Old 10th September 2018, 02:45   #14
marinabrian

MG ZT

Thanked 10,837 Times in 5,718 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gino View Post
Hi Stubie,
I'm having a similar problem with mine, except mine will sporadically cut out under hard (normally) acceleration. I've replaced my UBP, which made no difference. After visiting my usual mechanic he made several recommendations.
- disconnect & short the connector for the fuel cut off switch (below glove box fixed to A post). If this fixes it a new switch is in order.
- empty the contents of the fuel filter into a clean container &, using a magnet, check for metal fragments. If you find any it would point to the HP pump breaking up inside.
- finally, unscrew the fuel rail pressure sensor & check for rust. If you find rust then the rail may need replacing, no rust & it may be the sensor at fault.

I've just ordered a new pressure sensor & I'm hoping that will fix my problems. I should receive the new sensor early next month week, I'll post back with the result.
Rob
Your symptoms are that of classic injector leakback Rob, and have nothing to do with the inertia switch, which in itself if is defective the symptoms are non start and hazard warning lights when the ignition is turned to position 2

As to Stubie's issues, I would suggest having the car checked properly, pressing the throttle makes no difference to the behaviour of the initial injection cycle on an M47R during startup, and if this is required in order to obtain a start, then there is something else very wrong.

Brian
marinabrian is offline   Reply With Quote