View Single Post
Old 8th November 2018, 07:18   #5
StewartIngram
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Connoisseur 2.5 V6 auto

I first converted my 827 Sterling back in 2000, later swopping it through 3-4 more identical cars. As I used to do 20k a year, until I retired last Christmas, that is a fantastic saving at over 1/2 price for fuel. Back in 2007, I changed to a 75 Connie 2.5V6, and fitted a new multi injection kit. All DIY fitted, and checked by Tinley Tech (Google them). The old kit was 15% less as stated above; the new kit is no different on mpg to that on petrol. Not much room under the bonnet but it will go in, and the engine cover is still there. I pay around 50-55p/litre - Morrisons or the local gas supplier. Don't be fooled into thinking only forecourts sell it, think of local gas suppliers (such as Calor agents) or caravan dealers. Plenty of info on line and TomTom apps. Fitting from scratch with no rush takes up to 3 days. There is an LPGA association that tries to set rules and standards, good to follow but they insist on certificates etc which are NOT a legal requirement, however insurance may ask for them. Tanks are legally required to be certified every 10 years as a pressure vessel - that one in the pic looks rough! Any competent person should be capable of doing it, but always involve someone like Tinley Tech for guidance. Don't cut corners.

Stewart

Last edited by StewartIngram; 8th November 2018 at 07:20..
StewartIngram is offline   Reply With Quote