View Single Post
Old 8th December 2018, 00:45   #38
marinabrian

MG ZT

Thanked 10,837 Times in 5,718 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD1too View Post
Well I think that's the closest we're going to get to an admission from you Brian that your reference to the CAN bus in respect of outside temperature data utilised by the HRW was, in fact, incorrect!

Now, you seem to have forgotten to respond to Chris' highly relevant question concerning engine speed:

Would you care to impart your wisdom to us on that please?

Simon
Simon before you rest back and consider your next move with a smug smile, having read the 1999 Technicians Workbook, let me assure you that the ECM transmits the outside temperature data on the CANBUS in the case of the diesel models.

It is fed to VIA the IPK gateway to both the HEVAC ecu, along with the Webasto Thermotop ECU.

You appear to think also by quoting from obscure MGR text makes you seem all knowledgeable too, sadly not always, because in a lot of cases things that would have been believed impossible in to achieve in 1999, or indeed in 2018 are inherently possible, provided you have the relevant knowledge

One of those things was the fact once programmed it is impossible, even using T4 to reconfigure a diesel ECM to another car it was not originally configured too, and questions regarding both this and other things, such as the reasons behind why new model replacement DDE4 diesel ECM units produced by Bosch for Rover couldn't be programmed to the car, something neither Bosch or Omitec Instrumentation could provide an answer too.

The OP has provided a fault scenario, the reason for the fault has been explained along with the cure for the problem.

It has also been explained in depth, that the component that has failed on the PCB of the DDE4 is no longer available, that means that his original ECM CANNOT BE REPAIRED.

He has also been advised as to the easiest recourse to resolve the issue he has with his car, so in the interests of other people who don't feel the need to wear highly polished brown shoes along with strange coloured jeans, please stop trying to make me look as if I don't have the first idea about the interactions between the various electronic modules in the car.

Brian
marinabrian is offline   Reply With Quote