View Single Post
Old 15th February 2019, 16:20   #2
Rev Jules
This is my second home

Rover 75 Tourer+

Thanked 3,929 Times in 2,051 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYING BANANA View Post
.................................... it’s another.

Banana is still off of the road, waiting on the cam sensor delivery.

Redfive has a paddling pool in the interior but only on the drivers side but more to the rear. No idea where it is coming in as the boot is dry. Plenums are clear, no sunroof fitted.
Ok not end of the world but on the way home this afternoon I notice that any speed over 69.9mph the steering wheel was vibrating. Providing I kept at about 50 it stopped until I braked then the vibration was back.

Nursed the car home and as I reversed in there was clouds of smoke coming off the o/s/f wheel. The disc was glowing so I assume the calliper has jammed on. Did think about setting light to the car but with all the water in I doubted it would burn.

Spoke to Matt Darke who talked me out of setting it alight. Bless him. Will run it up to Matt’s next week to get the brakes and the soggy carpet sorted out. That’s what I love about this club, that help is on the other end of the phone.

(( I remember Ian saying that he had both the rear callipers sticking on in the past )).
I know just how you feel just wish people were near me to sort out some of mine, these cars are sent to try our patience.
Bob good luck with your two.

Rev
Rev Jules is offline   Reply With Quote