View Single Post
Old 8th October 2019, 00:35   #14
Rich in Vancouver
Gets stuck in

MG ZT-T

I retrimmed the hardtop on my MGF using foam backed headliner material.
I sourced the material on E-bay. Search "Headliner Fabric"
As was said above the problem isn't the glue, it's the foam backing layer turning to dust and there isn't much you can do to correct that.
On the MGF the backing is referred to as the Biscuit and is made of moulded fibre with the foam backed fabric glued to it. You have to scrape off all of the old foam before gluing on the new stuff. The gluing is not that easy as the spray glue is a contact adhesive and you only get one chance. You need a couple of helpers to hold it just above the biscuit while you press it into place starting in the middle being careful not to get ant wrinkles. This is particularly challenging on the curves and edges.
The headliner on my ZT is starting to come loose and I am seriously considering taking the biscuit to an upholstery shop and having them do the recovering. The MGF was bad enough!

I don't have a pic of the biscuit but here is the headliner material. The black side is the foam backing. The finished headliner

Last edited by Rich in Vancouver; 8th October 2019 at 01:05..
Rich in Vancouver is offline   Reply With Quote