View Single Post
Old 31st October 2019, 21:33   #32
marinabrian

MG ZT

Thanked 10,837 Times in 5,718 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bl52krz View Post
Well I am still not ready to give into old age and pay someone to service my car’s. Wife thinks I am mad to start on another car, the Silver one from my son.Perhaps I am lucky. I certainly feel that way. Seen a lot of friends, and now family, starting disappearing into the blue yonder. I nearly went that way when I was 35 years old. I made my mind up then that there was no way I was going until I was ready in my time. So, I still get under my car to change the oil and check the brake pipes and anything else that wants checking. Waxoyle twice a year what wants doing. Now concentrating on getting the latest addition upto my spec and on the road. Not been actually underneath this one yet, but have just had the wheels off over the last few weeks when times allowed, to check suspension. Found I need a new spring(that means two) on the rear because the offside one is broken in two places. On the bottom and halfway up the coil. Ordered two new Sachs springs to do the job, so fitting those is the next job. Age? Does it matter? Just forget how old you are, and do what you want. You won’t be doing anything in the other place. I was born December 1939 so you can all do a bit of mental arithmetic to see how old I am.
You're a month older than my mother..........mind you she doesn't drive the 75 tourer as fast as you do your car

Me, mentally I'm ten, but I received a 50 New Pence coin for my first birthday

Brian

Last edited by marinabrian; 31st October 2019 at 21:35..
marinabrian is offline   Reply With Quote