View Single Post
Old 11th November 2019, 09:23   #2
RogerHeinz57
I really should get out more.......

A Reasonably Priced Car

Thanked 1,064 Times in 712 Posts

I am in no way questioning your skills, vision or integrity - however your cruise control won't work without the n/s/f wheel sensor generating a signal. So we can confirm there is something getting through to the system allowing the cruise to work. The blue connector may be absent due to a wire chafed by a tyre after not being secured correctly, but there must be some wiring there somewhere. Have you followed the sensor wiring up from the hub carrier where the sensor is fitted ? If the wiring is tucked behind the wheel arch liner (Not as intended) you may find the blue plug hidden between the inner wing panel and the wheel arch liner, failing a blue plug, there must be something there as the wiring for the sensor is tailored to fit the car set-up in terms of length and routing thus a spliced in connection must be there if no hidden blue plug can be found.
I would start my search from the n/s/f under bonnet area looking for wiring heading into the depths of the wheel arch liner which is visible from the engine bay. Following on from this if no plausible find has happened, jack the n/s/f up and remove the road wheel and remove the wheel arch liner to source the whereabouts of said wiring !
Hope this helps.
RogerHeinz57 is offline   Reply With Quote