Old 20th November 2019, 23:37   #8
clf
This is my second home

MG ZT CDTi

Thanked 2,657 Times in 1,973 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by macafee2 View Post
Highway code
When reaching the roundabout you should give priority to traffic approaching from your right, unless directed otherwise by signs, road markings or traffic lights

It does not make it clear if the traffic from the right has to be on the roundabout or not and the biker is coming from the mini's right.

macafee2
Taking from HERE

When reaching the roundabout you should

give priority to traffic approaching from your right, unless directed otherwise by signs, road markings or traffic lights The Ka was approaching from the biker's right, as it was already on the roundabout before the biker even reached it.
check whether road markings allow you to enter the roundabout without giving way. If so, proceed, but still look to the right before joining. I read it as a single dotted line, which is a give way is it not? He did not give way
watch out for all other road users already on the roundabout; be aware they may not be signalling correctly or at all. If the Ka was turning right (signalling or not), it would have been forced to stop for the biker, and therefore impeding the Bini, which creates the risk of the biker riding into the side of the car (that is natural selection in my view)
look forward before moving off to make sure traffic in front has moved off. lol he didnt even stop to allow himself to move off.

The point is, the two other cars were already on the roundabout, including the Bini (it was nearly as bad as the biker in its actions, but the biker was being a hypocrite about it), by the time he approached. It is for this reason the biker should have stopped, completely, at the dotted line, he did not have 'right of way' as he believed.

Because it was a mini roundabout, it exaggerated the 'wrongness' of his actions. There is nothing in the actions of the biker to suggest he negotiated that in any way correctly to feel cheated by or put into danger by the other two motorists.

It is not gloss primer .............. it is duct tape silver!
clf is offline   Reply With Quote