View Single Post
Old 24th January 2020, 12:33   #3
Robson Rover Repair
NI/ROI RS

ZT-T 190 / 75 Diesel x3 / 6 door limo / 216 Cabby / Rover 25 van

Thanked 1,046 Times in 568 Posts

Brand is for the most part irrelevant now days thanks to eu laws.

What is key is season type.

You cna have the most expensive Michelin tyres in the world, but if they are summer tyres and your on an ice road they will be nigh on useless.

Same with a alpine tyre in summer, wears uneven due to how quick it heats up.

Personnelly I've two sets of rims now for my 75s I've winter alpine tyres which is fit at this time of year or if I'm off to Austria, and rest of the time even summer I try to look at a hard wearing rain tyre.

We don't really need summer tyres here in the UK, and an all season will satisfy 75% of daily drivers. Obviously if you want better tyres that's up to you.

I've driven on Bridgestone, Hankook, Kumho, Michelin (and built Michelin tyres for a while before being laid off) and I tell you straight, day to day Kumho or Hankook all season tyres are ideal. Personally would never have a set of Michelin on my cars now, complete rip off for what they actually are and offer.

If anyone is pushing that hard they don't grip then your likely driving harder than you should be on the road anyways and need a word with yourself.

I've also bought a 75 with land sails on it, it was on hairpins wearing 225 45 18 land sail winter lander. Excellent winter grip in rain and slush for the money. In fact I must get another set ordered.
Robson Rover Repair is offline   Reply With Quote