View Single Post
Old 25th January 2020, 13:57   #16
RobSun
Gets stuck in

MGZTT

I had some BCT tyres supplied with a set of 17" straights. They looked new were very good in the dry but in the wet it was like driving on ice, they were very dangerous. Replaced them with Avon ZV5s and I was very happy with those as an all season tyre and had no issues with them.

Changed the car which came with three makes of Chinese ditch finders which were within a couple of weeks replaced with Avon ZV7s. Happy with these for a while then noticed the braking distance seemed to be lengthening and varying. Checked out the brakes all sound there. Then it was noticed that all four tyres were cracking at the base of the tread. As these tyre were 2 yrs old still well within the 6 year guarantee given and had only covered 3000 miles I contacted the manufacturers who told me it was a known fault. They blamed it on EU regs. on rubber compounds and it was showing up on low usage cars. Most have worn out apparently before it shows. They said " we HOPE we have fixed it now but will only know in time". They told me to return them to the suppliers they will send them back to them and I will get a refund based on wear. This is the tyre manufacturers association rules and the only way they will work The tyres were supplied by two different companies, one has given me a realistic refund, the second nothing. The tyres have got lost in transit so no inspection no refund. Did I not expect that. Yes I did.

Now using Khumo and very happy with them, I think they perform overall better than the ZV7s
RobSun is offline   Reply With Quote