View Single Post
Old 10th April 2020, 21:18   #35
sworks
This is my second home

Rover 75 Tourer, Classic mini Cooper S, Abarth 595 competizione, MG TF and a Hyundai Tucson PHEV

Thanked 1,686 Times in 1,040 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brunty View Post
Just read the post from Mike Noc. Copperleaf failed MOT on frayed drivers side seat belt, advisory on front offside wishbone, advisory on coolant leak, whilst in garage had them change rear brake backplate assembly's disks and pads, front wishbone, head gasket, timing belt, water pump, full service, seat belt ordered from Mickyboy but due to lockdown courier in isolation, garage closing for lockdown etc seat belt didn't turn up. All other work was done. I personally do not consider a small amount of fraying to be dangerous indeed the seat belt on my works pick up is much worse and it passed without comment. The Mot is valid until 14th April and just checked, it has now been extended until 14th October. Once this lockdown is sorted and seat belt turns up I will get it changed, but pleased that I can carry on driving!
I have heard of some cars that failed but had an existing mot getting the extension which in my opinion shouldn’t happen as the latest result was a fail. Generally with a frayed seatbelt it comes down to, does the fraying affect its movement and will it hold in an accident? If you have removed or tried to clean up the seatbelt with the old lighter trick then it becomes a fail

'Marmite' Possibly one of the most famous 75 tourers produced! left the production line as the last of only Three Rover 75 tourers produced in Trophy Yellow. 48 hours later Longbridge closed. The last sold ordered 75 Tourer. Paid for by the Phoenix Four and handed over by John Towers to the Warwickshire Northampton Air ambulance service as a Rapid Response vehicle
sworks is offline   Reply With Quote