View Single Post
Old 8th June 2020, 00:39   #2
clf
This is my second home

MG ZT CDTi

Thanked 2,657 Times in 1,973 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightpainter View Post
During the lock down because of the virus, I decided to do my own repair to replace my leaking thermostat, I watched a Youtube tutorial to see how its done the chap that had posted it removed the inlet manifold to do the job I thought that this must not be the only way as rover would not have designed the engine so you had to do all that extra work and proceeded to do the job from the side of the V by removing the carburetor intake!
Well I managed it but would not recommend it to anyone as it was a real pain in the ass to do; the problem was your working with one hand all the time and you cannot actually see what your doing because of the manifold being in the way so your doing everything by feel and you find that your lining up the ports on the engine block at the wrong angle, I damaged a couple of O rings because of this, but the car is up and running again!
carburetor intake - hopefully you mean throttle body? I dont have a V6 so not sure what you are describing really, but it sounds like you are describing what I remember seeing once as the 'keyhole method'?

It is not gloss primer .............. it is duct tape silver!
clf is offline   Reply With Quote