View Single Post
Old 29th June 2020, 16:05   #40
goltho
Can't help myself

Rover 75 CDTi 2005

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD1too View Post
As I understand it, T4 calls terminals 1 & 3 the "brake switch" and 2 & 4 the "brake light test" (see MarinaBrian's screenshots).
Noted, thanks.

Quote:

New question!
This [IPK light] is fed from the cruise ECU C0239-11 to header C0291-11>13 to the instrument pack.
Well it isn't actually because C0291 on my car has pins 11-14 missing. I therefore added the missing EAT C0932-49 brown wire and split-connected C239-11 and the light C0230-5 to that. The pump C0228-5 splits from the joint at the IPK light. That was how I worked around not using header C0291.

I do not however have a voltage on any of these points. I'm wondering though if the set/accelerate switch on the wheel needs to be pressed before voltage is present? That's what brings my CDTi IPK light on. Having said that, the IPK light here still doesn't come on under any circumstances.

Quote:
Is the tiny green LED in the cruise control on/off button illuminating?
Yes
Quote:
Are you seeing +12v ignition on the cruise "relay" C0895-8?
Yes
Quote:
When the on/off button is pressed, do you see +12v at C0895-12?
Yes

I removed the seat and old brake switch quite easily, connected the new one, and played with the meter before trying to install it. It was a bit of a PITA and I've only gone & forgotten which way round the voltage numbers went but both pairs of pins (1-3 and 2-4) increased or decreased voltage whenever I moved the tip of the switch close to metal. I'm annoyed I didn't note the numbers but it made good sense at the time. The bad news though is that I gave up trying to refit the new switch after 45 minutes when I decided I'd had enough and really did need to clean the cuts. I've tricked my motor engineer buddy into abusing his slightly-younger body tomorrow pm so should have it done then. Seems to be working fine though as the brake lights are correctly stuck on now given the switch is dangling under the dash somewhere.

Dougie.

Last edited by goltho; 3rd July 2020 at 00:32..
goltho is offline   Reply With Quote