View Single Post
Old 21st July 2020, 19:40   #217
SCP440
I really should get out more.......

MG ZT-T 260

The wifes daughter has just returned from a week in the south of Spain, the resort they ended up at was not the one they had booked due to it being locked down due to a local out break of Covid 19. They ended up having too hire a car as the coach that was supposed to take them to there resort ( 3 hours from the airport) never arrived.

On arrival they were pleasantly surprised as the hotel was better than the one they had booked but sadly out of the 250+rooms there was only 6 couples in the hole place, the local town was shut down bar a couple of local bars, the beach was deserted and luckily the hotel had a restaurant or they would have starved as nothing was open.

To say she is disappointed from the experience is an under statement, she does enjoy a good party and not having a quite holiday. They have spent a lot more than they expected as the food and alcohol in the hotel was not cheap.

I suppose it is to be expected, what did surprise her was the airports at both ends were almost empty. They did get a great deal on the hire car and they were even upgraded for no extra charge.

Her final words tonight on the phone were '' that was not what I expected and I wont be going back until things get back to normal''