View Single Post
Old 22nd July 2020, 08:32   #153788
AndyN01
This is my second home

Toyota RAV4

Thanked 1,579 Times in 968 Posts

Overcast and drizzling and up in the North East. I'm only about 1/2 hour from Rich at the moment .

Celebrated our sons 30th yesterday with his wife, our 8 month old grandson and other son. .

Great meal at The Black Horse (https://www.blackhorsebeamish.co.uk/). Well worth a visit if you're in the area.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancpudn View Post
Oh heck Rod, That's not good news! Those three desktop PC's I had with Win 10 on all had dents in the tower cases from kicking them through frustration from those damned updates All three had different problems after the updates.

Life's easier now as the hard drives all got written over with Ubuntu,Solus & Linux Mint OS's, Peace & Joy at last & never a moments trouble since lol.
I use Linux Ubuntu on my day to day laptop. It just boots up - in seconds, not minutes - and works. Loads of free stuff to do everything I'm ever likely to need.

Our other laptop is Win 10 and a pain. Takes ages to boot even after stopping everything I can think of and then has a mind of its own about what it'll do, when and how fast . Need Win to update the sat nav with maps & speed - opps, sorry - safety - camera database from the Pocket GPS site which I have a decades long free subscription to as sent then a "new" camera location a few years ago.

Really don't understand how Windows has such market share .

Andy.

Last edited by AndyN01; 22nd July 2020 at 08:35..
AndyN01 is offline   Reply With Quote