View Single Post
Old 9th November 2020, 18:05   #753
stocktake
Vis Whiz

Rover 75 2.5 auto Saloon

Thanked 3,056 Times in 1,621 Posts

I'm so angry right now I just have to let off steam.

My wife Marina was told she was on call for the nursing home this weekend, no extra pay just be there to answer the company phone should it ring and advise the nurse at work at the nursing home what should be done if they are unsure.
Sure enough Sun night the phone rings, one of the residents was not expected to last the night, so in line with policy, relatives were allowed to come in.

The two daughters were upset and asked if they could stay the night so their mother would not die alone, The nurse working rang again to ask my wife if they could. On compassionate grounds it was deemed appropriate. the room is en-suite and other appropriate measures are in place.

Today the resident is still clinging on but not expected to see another sunrise and understandingly the daughters don't want their mom to be alone.

Head office have been informed and have now decided that the visiting time limit of 1 hour must be observed. They have told the daughters they have to leave, they have refused.

The company have now called the police to forcibly remove the daughters, they are waiting for them to arrive and my wife who allowed them to stay overnight is to be subject of an investigation.

What a state of affairs when they force somebody to die alone

It would appear the virus knows if you have been around over a hour.

Lost a few stones and a Gall Bladder and part of a bile duct and all of my dignity in the suppository incident

Last edited by stocktake; 9th November 2020 at 18:16..