Thread: Rust !!
View Single Post
Old 25th November 2020, 11:10   #5
Kevin Williams
Loves to post

Rover 75 CDT Tourer [116 bhp] in Wedgwood Blue / MG ZT CDTi [131bhp] in Anthracite

Sooner than that now Paul. I called round to a yard recently which was breaking a 75 and they had several 10 year old Mercs and Audis parked neatly in a line which I presumed, due to their shiny state on top, were for sale. No, all were for breaking and they'd got one on a ramp:severe rot underneath and the rear suspension arms much thinner than 75s. I was advised they're all like that and the 75 is a good car for corrosion protection in comparison!

Following that I happened to call in at a garage where a friend works. He was part way through doing the first MOT on a BMW [alas, can't recall which model].He said look at these floors breaking up....!! So, instant fail at first MOT and I think this is a DVLA recall item now for BMW to sort.

I understand VW/Audi advise that their new cars are designed for an 8 year life on average, presumably many other manufacturers do the same. Does this mean the anti corrosion measures have been reduced to meet this and, of course, save money[for them, not the owner]?

Kevin
Kevin Williams is offline   Reply With Quote