Old 5th December 2020, 14:22   #29
Saga Lout
This is my second home

MG ZT and Rover 75,

Thanked 2,685 Times in 1,037 Posts
Default You'll need help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward Huggins View Post
Thaks for all the detailed help in these many Post ands - now more help in Posts#26 and #27. I'm going to have a crack at this soonest. I shall eliminate any issues now about water slushing forward from the boot. I've had the rear seat squab out and can see no sign of ingress. By looking down into the void under the under the wiper motor I see some pooling, but can't as yet find a drain. The easy to rod drain on the passenger side is clear - as are all the drain holes under the side sills beneath all 4 doors. I'm dreading the removal of what looks like a one piece fitted carpet (with wiring harness under) and may ask for guidance on this later. But no point in touching that carpet until the leak is fixed!
If that carpet is holding water it'll weigh about 200 pounds as they all do when wet, they don't dry out too quickly either. If I was doing that job again I'd lean underneath and knock out the floor pan bungs just before it rises for the back seat base. I'd get a drift and hammer them upwards till the water starts coming out.
Saga Lout is offline   Reply With Quote