Thread: Good News
View Single Post
Old 15th December 2020, 13:16   #1
wraymond
This is my second home

75 Auto 2.5 SE

Thanked 1,680 Times in 1,014 Posts
Default Good News

How about a drop of good news? Celia and I are celebrating our 56th anniversary on Saturday and we had a table booked for the evening on that day.

With this God’s little acre of salubrious Essex suddenly being thrown over the side by a particular Minister it was cancelled. The news could have caused ructions you-know-where so, after almost truthful pleadings, the day was saved and tonight's the night. The restaurant obliged with another one that had been vacated by another couple who had decided to stay indoors. My thanks to them, I don’t know who they are, and also to the restaurant for their sterling work.

So tonight we have a table for two starry eyed lovers in the best, and our favourite, Italiani Ristorante in Leigh on Sea. I’ve been playing my old CD of Billy Joel’s classic all day as a hint.

A taxi, of course, because the lady doesn’t drink – another reason why we married – so I’ll just have to have at least two glasses of Nero D’Avola, just to do it justice. Oh, and ref the wine, I don’t do White stuff.

Last edited by wraymond; 15th December 2020 at 13:21..
wraymond is offline   Reply With Quote