View Single Post
Old 26th January 2021, 10:33   #16
SD1too
Doesn't do things by halves

Rover 75 2.5 Connoisseur Auto (1999) Dealer launch model.

Thanked 3,749 Times in 3,181 Posts
Exclamation Warning: errors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devilish View Post
This any good.
Hi Steve,

That's a useful practical type of diagram but if Heddy follows it I fear his FBH won't work.
  • On the PCB input connector you've reversed the polarity. It's earth to the top terminal and +12v to the bottom. Your wiring is likely to destroy the PCB components.
  • On the PCB output connector you've reversed the polarity again. The manufacturer shows the centre terminal as the +12v output. It may not make any difference but it's best to follow the official wiring diagram unless there's a good reason not to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heddy View Post
That's exactly what I was asking for in the opening post (except I thought my model was fired using Pin 3 to earth ) Thank you.
Heddy
Heddy; you said later that your FBH is triggered by +12v. In that case, Devilish's diagram as it stands won't work as it's supplying the FBH pin 3 with earth.
Furthermore, if you wire it like that you are likely to destroy your newly purchased receiver PCB.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raykay View Post
In post 10, Heddy needs 12v to pin 3 of the FBH to work, not Earth. If so, move the cable feeding the centre right connector from the bottom left to the top left 12v connector.
Hi Ray,

Moving the cable as you describe is inadvisable as the diagram stands because the polarity on the left (input) side is wrong.

This is what is required:
Steve's diagram needs to be revised with the polarity changed at both the receiver input and output. Also, the link between left and right sides needs to be the positive supply, not earth. This is what I advised in my original reply to Heddy! I don't know why it's been ignored.

Simon

Last edited by SD1too; 26th January 2021 at 10:45..
SD1too is offline   Reply With Quote