View Single Post
Old 8th February 2021, 11:43   #27
COLVERT
This is my second home

R75 Saloon.

Thanked 2,167 Times in 1,816 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by edwardmk View Post
The item ordered delivers 0-30v and 0-10a variable, so it should be possible to deliver a decent charge through the socket to the battery. However, Jon's tip sounds quick and easy, so I'm going to try that first. I'll play with the variable supply when it finally arrives. I don't know the fuse rating in the trailer socket so I'll still put a 10a fuse in line when I try the battery trick later. I'm guessing the fuse in the trailer line would be around 20a?
I'm glad to report the 260 is OK since I've started the habit of leaving it on a trickle charger. It's the ZTT that's thrown a wobbly Simon, but I suspect you're right about me possibly needing a new battery. It did run very flat during the first lockdown, but I've had no trouble since then until last Thursday. Reflecting on last week, I have to confess to using two heated electric seats and a front electric windscreen a few times on short trips, so this issue may all be self inflicted Going to install a trickle charger connector on the ZTT too when this is all sorted.
The extra fuse won't be needed. The existing one will be OK for the job.

After all this is up and running make sure by charging your battery for at least 24 hours.---
COLVERT is offline   Reply With Quote