View Single Post
Old 10th February 2021, 08:54   #3
fabian
Regular poster

Rover 75 Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD1too View Post
Hello Yu chang li,

Have you actually removed a sparking plug and observed it during cranking? If not, you've made an unsafe assumption. Low fuel pressure can cause non-starting and that is more likely due to the common fault of your filter canister loosening. Search the forum for "fuel filter syndrome", "FFS" and "orange clip" and you'll find everything you need to know.

We could have saved you time and money there. There's a simple test involving no tools to check that the crankshaft position sensor is working. I've posted many times about this which a search or a question would have revealed.

Simon

Hi Simon,

Thanks for your reply. You have always been very helpful and supportive.

The car was tested by the roadside assistant using their tools and tester before towing. They did remove a sparking plug as u said and observed it during cranking. So pretty sure that the problem is caused by not getting a spark.

I didn't see the post about how to test the crankshaft position sensor is working until replaced the sensor. So I did the test with the new sensor to see if I bought a good one. (Check rev counter is rising a little from the off position when firing the engine.)

Now, I pretty sure that I have the working cam and crankshaft sensors installed but the engine is still no getting spark. What I feel that is something is loose or not connected properly.

any idea??

Richard
fabian is offline   Reply With Quote