View Single Post
Old 23rd March 2021, 06:15   #158523
RPWC
This is my second home

75 model car

Thanked 5,083 Times in 3,114 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillyHeckaslike View Post
Courtesy of the pandemic Richard a brake has been applied to many legal proceedings. I have been pursuing/resisting a couple of actions myself since the back end of 2018. One being the disposal of the property of my late mum who passed away then and the other being her care fees in her final months, which I opposed against other family members because I felt that her care needs were not as described by those who felt otherwise. I appealed the fees and guess what, the family members responsible for them are now attacking me for every single penny which they think that they can extract from this and my mum's passing. Reality is, courtesy of the pandemic, the appeal was put on hold for over one year while the local NHS trust prioritized Covid and the appeal is yet to be decided. Yeah, I have been forced to instruct a solicitor, not cheap at all, and I expect will get a lot more expensive when a barrister is called into the mix on the roadway to court. Problem there is, courts have a big backlog of cases to deal with courtesy of the pandemic. I would make allowance for Covid in your situation Richard, over the last year or so everything normal is not now so.
This has nothing to do with the pandemic Steve, it’s just idiots messing about,the housing market has remained open throughout the lockdowns.