View Single Post
Old 27th March 2021, 06:40   #10
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Thanked 3,032 Times in 2,181 Posts

Having completed the house move and connected my BT Youview box to my BT hub which in turn is connected to BT broadband I still could not watch Air Crash Investigation but worse, oh yes it got worse. I could not watch anything that was part of my subscription such as BT sport. I could watch it via my PC but not via the Freeview box.
I called BT but they could not revolve the problem and passed it to TCM? As I did not receive a call back after about 6 hours I called BT again.

I was told that BT no longer has a licence to broadcast National Geographic, the channel that broadcast Air Crash Investigation and that is why I cannot watch Air Crash Investigation which is what clf said. My issue with that is that I paid BT, BT paid National Geographic so both have made their profit but I cannot watch what I paid for.
In truth as far as I am concerned I should be able to watch the program when I want, I paid for it.

I was offered £10 compensation which I said was an insult. BT pointed out that with my then package there was a lot for me to watch and it was only a fraction of the package I could not now see. I pointed out that I pay for BT sport and there is a lot of sport to watch yet I only watch the Liverpool matches, my choice but I pay for the whole package just for that little part. They offered £20 compensation. I said I'd prefer to watch the recordings and that they spanned 5 months. they offered £50 compensation, I think that is the cost of the package for 5 months. As I was never going to get to watch the programs I agreed. I'd still prefer to watch Air Crash Investigation then have the money.

Now to solve the second problem, unable to watch what I'm paying for via freeview box. BT offered compensation for this but I turned it down, BT had provided me with additional free internet access for 3 months so I was able to watch BT sport at my previous address on my laptop so I was able to watch what I was paying for.

Get a call from TMC? it seems back in December when the house move order was placed they messed it up and the chap had spent hours yesterday fixing it.
Thank goodness I did not turn the Freeview box on 5 minutes before a Liverpool match.

Important lesson learnt about subscription TV.
I see National Geographic are again broadcasting Air Crash Investigation via subscription but it cannot be recorded.

FWIW, I am not aware that any Freeview channels have a time limit on when I watch a recording.

Although it seems I have gotten to the bottom of the issue I have not got the result I wanted.

thank you clf for explaining at the outset what the problem was, you were right.

macafee2
macafee2 is offline   Reply With Quote