View Single Post
Old 4th April 2021, 16:46   #80
P.happy.T

MG ZT-T

Hi Simon,
We replaced the crank sensor because we had a T4 man bring his diagnostics to the stricken car, he said he couldn't 'get a signal from the crank.
We replaced the TMAP as another person had "Haynes Professional' software that suggested we would get 4 K ohms on one pair of terminals & 1 ohm on the other pair, we couldn't read that on the original so tried a new one with no success & very similar resistance readings to the original.
We replaced the coolant temperature sensor as the company that sold us the coolant pipes recommended this be changed at the same time.

We have not changed the cam sensor yet as the car does just about start but is virtually undriveable. Also The T4 guy said he could read it.

From the symptoms I've described do you think we should fit a new cam sensor ? Would that cause the poor starting & "limp mode" type performance ?

I don't have my own code reader & haven't been impressed with the information I have received from them to date anyway .

We are pretty dispondent with the ZT-T situation given that we repaired the broken pump feed wire months ago !
P.happy.T is offline   Reply With Quote