View Single Post
Old 8th May 2021, 18:04   #1
Mark190
Avid contributor

MG ZT

Default A couple of things

Hi everyone first of all last Saturday ( 1st of May) spent most of the day with Leighton and Pete down at Lates garage in the little village of Grandborough near Dunchurch. What initially started out as an oil leak from the cam seals on my 54 plate ZT V6 ended up being a bit more. Upon investigation and consideration we decided to go for a full cambelt change, replace the cam seals, new tensioner, water pump, reinforced thermostat kit, 6 plugs, rocker cover gaskets and gauze filters and obviously fresh oil & filter and coolant. A big thank you to both Leighton and Pete for some brilliant work in a short time frame and i stayed there the whole time with my flask and sandwiches to watch the complete job which was fascinating to say the least having never seen this done before. Which brings me to my second point most people i know ask me why i keep spending sums of money on the car. My usual reply is that it is my hobby car and keeps me busy and gives me something to do. Then i will say well who knows one day it may well be a desirable classic and it is worth hanging on to. I say to them that they are getting slowly rarer and my other half jokes that maybe that is because they are all in the scrapyard!! To which i reply that she will eat her words one day when it is worth a bit of money. That may or may not ever be the case, who knows but i did look on Auto Trader the other day and there were only 2 ZT saloons on there for sale . So maybe they are now starting to dwindle away pretty rapid. My particular ZT is the V6 but it is the SE version, does anyone know if the SE is any more hard to find than the standard ZT at all or not? And realistically how scarce are they now starting to become? Cheers Mark.
Mark190 is offline   Reply With Quote