View Single Post
Old 4th June 2021, 19:12   #874
wraymond
This is my second home

75 Auto 2.5 SE

Thanked 1,680 Times in 1,014 Posts

Re the figures for Flu deaths disappearance from public view:

It had been a matter of concern for PHE that there had been a general decline in Flu vaccinations over several years and with the coming onset of last winter there was an expectation of considerable infections of Flu in the coming winter months of 2019. I had this from my GP of all people!!! They were pushing 'senior citizens' to be vaccinated against Flu at the time. I, we, had never once been vaccinated and never had the Flu so were considered at risk!

Then the "Pandemic" of Covid-19 struck and those deaths from Flu that had been expected were not counted as 'Flu deaths', but included in Covid-19 figures but with a crucial difference:

The death certificates all showed deaths from the primary cause of Covid with, and this is critical, all other causes being secondary..

So, the figures began from a false and exaggerated start, continued for nearly 18 months, and gave birth to the panic status that overtook. That definition disappeared from the figures provided on TV some 2 months ago and no doubt contributed to the 'sombrero' flattening that the PM referred to.

So, we are left with a false start, a phoney continuance, an encouraging and misleading downward graph, and the blagging of considered thought. Good luck.

Whether one vaccinates or not is academic. Personally I could not care less what anyone thinks about me, much too long in the tooth to be affected.

But I am very angry at being called derogatory names by people who don't know me but mock me. Not the mocking itself but the dammed cheek of insulting my intelligence and the everyday care I take. Not just avoiding infection, but also avoiding the possibility of infecting others!