View Single Post
Old 13th June 2021, 15:09   #24
Mean & Green
Regular poster

MG ZR

Quote:
Originally Posted by COLVERT View Post
Pointless because of the almost microscopic effect effect this will have on pollution compared to all the other ENORMOUS amounts of pollution from all the gas producing giants that surround us.

To me it's a bit like an old lady weeing in the sea to be told she has now raised the ocean level.

The data I use to support my evidence goes under the title of---common sense--( A commodity not too easy to find as we are continuously being fed lots of misinformation about just about everything in our lives. )

I know that you, personally, don't always accept the written word as gospel without having a think about what you are being told as the truth. --Take my post for instance. You seem to be giving it some consideration in order to reply to it.---Is IT the truth or lies fabricated by me.--

Just consider the smoke screens the government have been issuing to us mere mortals about Covid.

I won't go on cos this thread is about what I personally see as a waste of time and money in the stop/start system that has baffled many owners.

We all have our own opinions. I think it's useless-----You think it's a good thing.---

All I can say is---Bon Chance.---

Appropriate smilley.

Well the total combination of all cars on the roads are far from microscopic, but whatever.

If every single motorist in the world took a pee in the sea several times a day, I’m not sure what the result would be TBH. I’d imagine it wouldn’t be ideal. Where do we draw the line? Why recycle at home? I mean one more glass jar ending up in landfill won’t matter eh?

Before owning a stop start car, I didn’t really see the point. However after getting used to it, I now fail to see the point in needlessly idling when not moving for a period of time. I’ve not heard of increased failures in starter motors or anything else. They have a beefier starter, shut down at TDC to facilitate an easier start and also have the monitoring system to decide if it’s best for the car to shut down or not.

The OP’s car most likely just wants a good run. The car is actually operating as it should and conserving the less than healthy battery. But if you want to believe the whole system is a load of cobblers - that’s fine. It doesn’t mean you are correct.

With regards to common sense, the whole issue we’ve had with Covid is because of the general population’s lack of it. It’s been clear what it was and what we needed to do from the start, but many many thousands thought they knew better.

Oh well!

Last edited by Mean & Green; 13th June 2021 at 15:15..
Mean & Green is offline   Reply With Quote