View Single Post
Old 15th July 2021, 08:23   #8
dave lincs
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by biffa75 View Post
So.. today I decided to delve into the 75s coolant related issues.

Removed the upper inlet manifold and had a good look around. No leaks found no other issues apparent.

Dropped the matrix out and gave it a damn good flushing! No more white bits (appeared waxy possible wax from the previous thermostat ?)

Anyway..

Started up and bled using the mgr procedure..

For a few seconds the passenger side is just as first hot as the drivers.. then... It begins to tail off to Luke warm ish on the passenger side. Damn!

Tried the air con.. only to find, the passenger side still doesn't blow the same as the drivers side.

Also checked both of the temperature control flap motors.. didn't need cleaning or greasing. Noted that both the drivers side and passenger's side motors don't move from their lowest position and move until the temperature is set to 21°c. Both sides did exactly the same and moved in exactly the same way so.. my assumption here is.. they both work correctly. No faults shown on the digital display either which I believe if one of the temperature control flap motors was at fault. It would be shown as an error code (can't remember what the code is at time of writing).

So... Next thing is...

What could be the cause of the dashboard vents blowing two different temperatures now?.

Matrix removed and flushed
Temperature control flap motors removed, checked, watched for operation (both operated exactly the same).. so

Is it common for the ducting to fall off or become dislodged? Any other possible causes?

Rob
Hi if your heater is cold on the left it will be the matrix is blocked I have done a few like this, if you remove it you can reverse flush it with a hose pipe or if brave a pressure washer that can often clear it

Dave
dave lincs is offline   Reply With Quote