View Single Post
Old 8th September 2021, 19:35   #18
MSS
This is my second home

Rover 75CDT, Jaguar XF-S 3.0V6, V'xhall Omega V6 Estate, Twintop 1.8VVT, Astra Estate and Corsa 1.2

Quote:
Originally Posted by polinsteve View Post
Having had a 2004 S and 2009 X type, I will never touch another Jag. The quality is just not there.
Strange that some of us who drive modern Jags think exactly the opposite. Whoever initially ordered our XF-S specc'd it such that the total list price comes to £63k. Everytime I get in it and drive it, I can appreciate exactly why someone would have chosen to spend such money on the car.

I say this as someone who loves his Rovers, that Jags were never intended to compete with Rovers - more like Mercedes and BMW. That is the competition.

Perhaps people tend to confuse quality with longevity when old.

£1k on bodywork or mechanicals is nothing in real terms if it adds 5 years to a car's useful life. In fact, my recommendation to all Rover 75 owners would be to have the front and rear of the sills cut out and replaced at 18 to 20 years as a preventative measure in order to make the car last. I did this with my Omega at 18 years and the sills are absolutely solid at 22 years of age.

Last edited by MSS; 8th September 2021 at 19:42..