View Single Post
Old 29th October 2021, 17:57   #9
Andy_with_a_screwdriver
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Tourer CDTi

Quote:
Originally Posted by macafee2 View Post
although not recommended as the authorities may take a dim view if you get stopped, the answer I would say is yes.
If you are prepared to drive and want to avoid labour costs I am 2 hours away.
what could you need? worst case, Shoes, back plates, adjusters, springs and "collars/cups", the retaining pins and springs and if you are very unlucky, discs.
This is a complete back plate from DMGRS

https://www.dmgrs.co.uk/collections/...0290-smn000140

I would hope the old adjusters and return sprigs could be reused

macafee2
Be careful of your wheel bearing if driving with broken bits of the brakes floating about.

That is a good price for all those bits, and I've just ordered it today from DMGRS. I've been searching around online this week for these and you'll struggle to beat DMGRS, the cheapest parts elsewhere cost about the same without the handbrake collar/cups, so these are effectively free.

I had an ABS fault which was sorted last week. The wheel bearing reluctor ring had been damaged by bits of rusty back plate falling away, and was giving an ABS fault. The wheel bearing is now useless.

A trip to Exeter Rd garage and T4 diagnosis. They replaced the wheel bearing with a second hand unit and cleaned up all the flaking bits of back plate. Fortunately my hand brake is still operational.
I will be replacing these next week when all the bits arrive.
Andy_with_a_screwdriver is offline   Reply With Quote