View Single Post
Old 3rd November 2021, 17:03   #11
Fred Pitt

Rover 75 Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD1too View Post
That's a good point Glenn particularly as there's evidence that the thermostat is also suffering from the effects of the "some kind of rad fix solution", probably K-Seal.

Hmmm, that's around 10° too cool so your thermostat has probably been sealed in a partial or fully open position. Your going to need several flushes using a cleaning agent and another new thermostat which should all be at the garage's expense, not yours.

Simon
Im sorry, I missed a step in my explanation.
They fixed a leak from the straight plastic pipe and during this I think they used some sort of rad seal. A few days later I checked in my expansion tank and saw tiny glittery bits floating around in there, that were NOT there before I took it in. I took it back and questioned him and he said he didn't use any sort or rad seal. He has always been honest before, have used him for years. Not wanting an argument, I asked him to empty the coolant, flush out my matrix and refill with new coolant. He done this according to him. The coolant was definitely changed as I inspected it. It's since then I have noticed the above problem. I assumed an air lock of sorts. I may ask to have another empty, flush, refill cycle but need to find a mechanic that is savvy with rover kv6 procedures.
I'm not concerned with the stat. It had a new one 9 months ago, and my car has always run at 81° since I bought it a year ago. I've become so hung up on it overheating I fitted an one reader so I know it's accurate. I learnt within weeks of owning the car to ignore the dash temp gauge
Fred Pitt is offline   Reply With Quote