View Single Post
Old 3rd November 2021, 18:00   #14
Fred Pitt

Rover 75 Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by thanos.m View Post
Just a couple of pointers from me besides an airlock.

If you suspect that's some sort of radweld was used the Rover 75 heater matrix is known to be prone to blockages so one thing to check is have you heat on and feel with your hand then temperature of the air and move from the drivers side to the passengers If the air is getting progressively colder towards the passenger side your heater matrix will most likely be blocked.

Also I'll agree with Simon your car seems to be running cold it should be around 95C° I've had a similar problem and I think a few members of the forum have pointed out that replacement thermostats as of late seem to make cars run cold. I went through 3 thermostat last year because I had a cold running issue. The second one made my car run at about 78-82C° similar to yours and my heater performance was appalling.
I understand it's a bit cool, but 95 seems worryingly high to me.
Traffic here in great Yarmouth is dreadful at 9 and 16:00, and if I was driving my 75 at around 95, it would continuously be tripping the cooling fan when I stop at lights. I've learnt this isn't really the car to be sitting in traffic with.
Fred Pitt is offline   Reply With Quote