View Single Post
Old 14th November 2021, 07:39   #3
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Thanked 3,032 Times in 2,181 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by guru View Post
I cannot see the issue with care workers and NHS staff being required to have the vaccine as a condition of their employment, if fact it seems like common sense. The fact is the vaccine DOES significantly reduce the chance of catching and therefore passing it on and even if you do get it having the anti-bodies in your system will reduce the viral load and again will reduce the window that you're infectious for.

We have some relevant experience here, unfortunately despite testing negative in a PCR before we travelled our 16 year old daughter tested positive on the first day of our holiday to Portugal. We were in a fairly small villa with 2 bedrooms so us isolating from her was not possible however despite spending a week in close contact the vaccine appears to have worked and we didn't get it. Sadly as she's only just turned 16 she hasn't yet had the opportunity to have the vaccine but will do in a few weeks.

The other concern that I keep seeing is that the vaccine has not been tested however again this is rubbish. Fact is thanks to the massive amount of computing power we have now plus the biggest worldwide effort on a single project probably since the war the vaccine has been tested more comprehensively then a lot of other medications out there.

Finally it's interesting that we keep hearing from the very vocal minority who have not had the vaccine however the fact is a majority have had it but just tend to be much quieter. Personally I don't actually know anyone who hasn't had the jab so why shouldn't carers have it?
You are asking a question that has already been answered.
Carers, no one (that I can think of) should not be made by law to have the injection because they should have the right to choose what goes into their body.

macafee2
macafee2 is offline   Reply With Quote