View Single Post
Old 18th December 2021, 15:21   #17
MacRob
Loves to post

Rover 75 Saloon

If not already mentioned, check the seal around the rear window. If it looks to have lifted slightly then this will be where the water is most likely to be getting in. Get hold of a product called Captain Trolly's creeping crack cure (no it's not a joke) and run it a few times around the frame. leave a day between each. It will find any small holes and seal them up.
This happened to mine and since doing this 16 months ago, not a single drop has got in the car.
I would say though that if water is under the rear seats then it's a good chance it could be UNDER the carpet. By under I mean under the foam padding. As said, this happened to mine and there was a good half-inch of water under the carpet. I was drying the carpet out but the next day soaked again yet it was undercover. Lifted the carpet by the door and was shocked by the sheer amount of water under it. Ended up having to remove the carpet from the car to dry it out over the next week or so and driving around with just the floor mats in place and wires exposed all down the sides.