Thread: CDT Remap.
View Single Post
Old 23rd December 2021, 09:46   #27
MSS
This is my second home

Rover 75CDT, Jaguar XF-S 3.0V6, V'xhall Omega V6 Estate, Twintop 1.8VVT, Astra Estate and Corsa 1.2

Here's my take on remaps. I will say however that I do not have the 160 remap - I am of the school that if the standard engine configuration is not enough then buy a car with superior performance. For me, the 131 PS (129bhp) tune does all that I need from a Rover 75.

Quoting power (bhp or PS) is not very informative, as a power increase can easily be achieved by moving the ramp part of the torque curve to higher RPM. What is far more important is that the improvement in torque occurs in the RPM region where the engine spend most of its time. For a diesel, that is up to 2500RPM (or 2200RPM for towing) as this equates to 71MPH (62MPH) in 5th gear for our cars. In my view what really matters is how responsive the car feels to the driver. It is this driveability that is most important, not the peak power number.

My comments in this thread were driven by claims that the 160 map providers were telling lies. This is an unnecessary claim and one that is contrary to the experience of a huge number of members who have had the 160 map. Hopefully it is obvious why I don't think its important whether the '160 map' actually leads to a power output of 160bhp (or PS) or not.

In relation to post #23, personally I would consider it poor show to uplift a car's maximum torque from 192lbft to 320lbft for normal road use. This represents an uplift of 67% whereas around 30% is the maximum that I would entertain for normal road use.

If a driver really feels the need for a power increase from 131PS to say more than 150PS, I would suggest that he/she should be looking for a different drivetrain i.e. a different car.

hogweed - sometimes there is a component that limits the engine's performance irrespective of the map. In you case I would have gone back to remapper so that he could diagnose the cause of your performance limitation.

Here are a couple of old threads that people may wish to peruse.

https://the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/s...d.php?t=144735

https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/for...=Remap+problem

PS I am not a performance shy person - our XF-S benefits from 600Nm of torque at 2000RPM which I quite enjoy!

Last edited by MSS; 23rd December 2021 at 09:49..
MSS is offline   Reply With Quote