Thread: Energy bills
View Single Post
Old 4th January 2022, 21:33   #23
MSS
This is my second home

Rover 75CDT, Jaguar XF-S 3.0V6, V'xhall Omega V6 Estate, Twintop 1.8VVT, Astra Estate and Corsa 1.2

Quote:
Originally Posted by COLVERT View Post

The young seem to be much happier playing with their electronic toys than figuring how the world works around them.

We're Doomed, Doomed I tell you.--

I often wonder if some members here ever meet young people. I have been dealing with youngsters straight out of uni for many years. They have all been extremely competent, polite and a pleasure to have around as young/aspiring professionals. For the past 3 years I have worked with 16/17 year old students at college and apart from a few, the majority have been worldly wise. The best 1/3 of each year have worked extremely hard to achieve their absolute best including attending optional online lessons with myself during school holidays, evenings and so on.

I cannot say the same about all the grown ups that I come across. They all think they are worldly wise, they know everyone else's job better than the person doing the job, they are opinionated and generally anti-social. The worrying thing is that I belong to this age group!