View Single Post
Old 16th February 2022, 15:57   #581
Saga Lout
This is my second home

MG ZT and Rover 75,

Thanked 2,685 Times in 1,037 Posts
Default A strange affair indeed.

I knew a pair of brothers, Ian and David they were and were close until something happened between them to break that bond. The upshot was that David had to have heart bypass surgery and, after that his personality changed as can happen after that surgery, it's called bypass brain. The small event that was basically nothing was never sorted out and they remained estranged, David went on to have more and more surgery on his fast failing health and got a good few years more. The sad part was that Ian moved house and told no-one where he'd moved to and David died quite suddenly even though his health was poor, Ian didn't get to know for a long time and had a bit of remorse at not knowing nor being at Davids funeral where he was spoken of as being Davids loving brother, no harshness was said and everyone was sad at Ian not being there. In the event, Ian's health was also failing due to kidney problems and he had a heart attack after a session of dialysis, he was revived and taken to hospital where he had three more attacks in short order, his wife agreed to let him go due to the damage his heart had suffered and he was gone, both of them were good people and I attended both funerals, both of them were on their early 60's. It's sad when these sort of things happen.
Saga Lout is offline   Reply With Quote