Old 22nd February 2022, 15:44   #19
Lancpudn
This is my second home

MG ZS EV

Thanked 3,427 Times in 2,565 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSS View Post
Yes, I am aware.

At the end of the day, each person has to decide their approach. Some of us are early adopters, if only to play, whilst others desire stability before committing. Both approaches and everything in between is perfectly valid.

MS will always try to restrict choice, e.g. browser choice, insofar that they can whilst staying only just legal. Personally, I find such approaches by large companies distasteful and Firefox is my browser of choice for this very reason. If non-MS browsers are practically locked out of Win 11, I will still have a Win 11 machine except that all but one of my machines at home will be on Linux. Currently, the machine that I spend most of my time on runs Lubuntu LTS.

Same here I got rid of Windows 10 & previous Windows OS's for Linux/Ubuntu/Solus on all my PC's years ago, I have a Windows 10 Pro on my Gaming PC for my Train Sim World & the only desktop I have trouble with is that one It also says it's not Windows 11 compatible so I'm not sure how or if it will effect my train simulator game in the near future?

I have Windows 10 Pro on another high spec desktop for recording music/videos that wouldn't recognise expensive software I bought for music & video recording so I use that off line only nowadays Linux just works.

Blessed are the tea makers.
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3b...auto-2000_auto
Lancpudn is online now   Reply With Quote