View Single Post
Old 23rd February 2022, 13:48   #583
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

MG ZT 1.8t+. No.3 of 4 in Sunspot Yellow & Ford Fiesta in Black.

Thanked 15,645 Times in 6,806 Posts
Cool Look likes a trip to London……………..

……………………………. Is on the cards following the sad news that I received yesterday. Two friends, not related, have taken the hands of the angels. The scary part is they are both younger than me. Peter was only 55 and Sebastian 58.
Peter dropped dead whilst out walking with his family last weekend. And Seb was in hospital with the big C.

It will be Peters funeral I’ll be attending as Seb lived in Shropshire. I worked with Seb in the Royal Mail. I left in 1993 but Seb stayed on till 2002. Peter I met through my interest in photography. I entered a nationwide competition and Peter was one of the judges. I got a highly commended certificate from Peter at the awards ceremony in the Guildhall in London.

A very posh affair, I had to wear a suit and tie for this. Val came with me, so that cost me a new outfit for her.
At the awards ceremony Peter asked me how I had taken the photo, (I’ll have a look to see if I can find the negative and get reproduced), the original enlarged print is hanging on the wall, or was, in a office in London. I sold the print that night to a chap who who made me a very nice offer.
Peter had asked me where I lived. Turned out he lived in the next road to me but we had never met. He was still living there up to his untimely end.

We are of that age where we can never take things for granted.

Catch up soon.

onen hag oll
FLYING BANANA is offline   Reply With Quote