Old 15th March 2022, 19:53   #13443
Saga Lout
This is my second home

MG ZT and Rover 75,

Thanked 2,685 Times in 1,037 Posts
Default Really...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southern Star View Post
Been trying to sort out the leaking boot. Replaced the light seals a few weeks ago and while this may or may not have reduced the ingress, it didn't stop it.

I noticed that water was dripping from the upper boot surround so today's attack involved the application of liberal amounts of roof seal around the boot hinges and panel gaps which MGR seemed to have forgotten to weld together.

I wouldn't say I did a pretty job as I went a bit OTT with the sealant but you can only see the mess when the boot is open and needs must etc.

Also took the boot carpet out and laid it on the roof of my narrowboat, got a watering can and half-filled it with a carpet shampoo solution, poured it on, let it sit for 10 minutes, scrubbed the carpet with a scrubbing brush then spent 10 minutes rinsing it all off with a hosepipe. The water that came off was black, and for ages.

All back together now, will know if the leaks have stopped when it rains again I guess.
A Narrowboat as well as the car! It does seem to get very wet around your area, no wonder the car lets in water...
Saga Lout is offline   Reply With Quote