Thread: EDF Energy
View Single Post
Old 6th April 2022, 09:54   #6
MSS
This is my second home

Rover 75CDT, Jaguar XF-S 3.0V6, V'xhall Omega V6 Estate, Twintop 1.8VVT, Astra Estate and Corsa 1.2

Quote:
Originally Posted by macafee2 View Post
Without doubt you and I have a different opinion on customer service. Lets go with your train of thought and I emailed the wrong team. The correct reply in my opinion would be something along the lines of "we are the wrong department but we have forwarded your email to the correct team which are blah blah blah" or, wrong department on not, they find out and respond.

I tried the media centre via their web site, after many options I got to talk to someone, they did not understand the question.

Anyway me being me emailed the CEO, the response is and I have shortened the reply, no idea when it will be demolished but may take 2-3 years from start. They have nearly finished the decommissioning

macafee2

You should think in regulatory terms and apply your knowledge of BT from your pre-retirement days to this situation. The generating arm of EDF will be operating almost like a separate company from the consumer arm. Similar to Openreach and BT Consumer. A consumer agent in BT could never give out info on Openreach plans or forward emails etc. on ad-hoc basis. It all has to be done via regulated mechanisms within regulatory allowable interactions. Equivalence of Opportunity rules these days.

These days it is wrong to assume that there is a single customer service function within a large company. The regulatory regimes often prevent one part of a utility company from openly sharing information with another part. The people we vote in every 4-5 years have decided this is how it should work, not the companies cocerned.

Last edited by MSS; 6th April 2022 at 09:56..
MSS is offline   Reply With Quote