View Single Post
Old 22nd April 2022, 15:32   #3
xsport
Posted a thing or two

rover 75 club se

thanks arctic. did everything suggested by you in your post. a whole day messing around resulted in my own solution. with reply to your question regarding trimming the end tube taper shorter .. no. i needed that extra length to be sure it protudes well beyond and out. the rubber boss at the bottom with the groove is still located inside the lower chamber, as i could not locate it in the groove. so needed the extra length. i use an old r75 oil dipstick for rodding so should not encroach at all. as i can check for blockage with the spyhole mode i am regularly looking out for debris, before a blockage occurs. i did remove my pollen filter and as an extra burden i have an lpg ecu which i had to remove as it is piggy backed to the main ecm module in my plenum. looking at your photos i assume that they are of the main centre lower drain tube. well they must be from a diesel , as i have a completely different setup. i can honestly say that you would be struggling to even get a photo of the lower exit on the kv6 setup, let alone have any access as seen in your photos. what i found was that as soon as you located the bottom seal in its groove then tried to carefully locate the top,it would disengage one or the other. i wonder if the lengths were different for the tubes on both diesel and kv6, as i cannot find any part numbers , or even if they were modified due to project drive. i am a little confused as to this as rimmers appear to list them as the same size as the outer drain tubes,and i know that is not true . !!
xsport is offline   Reply With Quote