View Single Post
Old 8th May 2022, 16:56   #2
Number 6
This is my second home

Rover 75 tourer Club CD/Limo Tints

Thanked 1,609 Times in 869 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by FantasticMrFish View Post
Went to get the Aircon regassed yesterday at the above as I have done on many of my car's due to the Groupon offer that's about at the moment. It went well and I drove away cool and happy.

Fast forward to this morning. Had plans to clean the egr and add in a vortex pcv only to find the fine gents at ATS had snapped my bonnet release cable and decoded not to tell me 😓. 1.5 hours later I'd managed to get in via the wheel arch panel. Not a fun job.

Anyway, moved onto the egr and I wish I'd taken a picture. The amount of carbon crud I kid you not had made the opening about 1/2 inch. How the car was still chugging I will never know. Cleaned it all out and plugged the little woven hole with a screw until I can be bothered to sort out stripping and plugging the thing properly. Cleaned up and dried in a couple of hours along with the inlet.

Then onto the pcv. This was a whole world of pain as a previous owner would appear to have superglued, you heard me right, one of the bolt heads on that was holding the pcv in place. I mean this thing appears to have been reasonably looked after in the past but who does that????. 1.5 hours with a screw extractor and I just managed to get it out.

So all in all a good portion of the day and the only service item I got to was putting in the air filter while I had the thing apart. Looks like it's more fun tomorow night.

Anyway, back to my main point, what the hell ATS Euromaster? Bang out of order.

Cheers

Shaun

Sent from my M2007J3SG using Tapatalk
Although I am Not a fan of theses type of places, They must have been able to open the bonnet via the release cable to re-gas the A/C.. maybe you were just unlucky and the cable snapped/dislodged when you pulled it to open the bonnet to do your service work

"I started out with nothing, and Ive still got most of it left!"
Number 6 is offline   Reply With Quote