View Single Post
Old 7th July 2022, 05:07   #11
robimo
Regular poster

Rover 75 2.0 V6 auto

Quote:
Originally Posted by vitesse View Post
Great that you’ve got Toaf working (and presumably got home) and it reports CAN bus errors. I believe the EGS1 relates to the gearbox connection and the others the main ECU (or EMU), trouble is it mean little to me, might as well be Greek (or Italian).

Try reading through previous posts, like the one I linked to. I’ve not had this kind of problem but remembering old posts they had to identify the CAN bus header and trace backwards. As these errors are all in BMW speak try your local BMW agent.

Good luck
Thanks for your help.
Unfortunately I'm still on vacation, not at home.
Yesterday I cleared the error codes with Toaf and drove the car about 10km without any problems.
On return I tried with Toaf and no error code.

Regarding your advice to go to a BMW agent, I don't know in England, but in Italy, apart from some old generic mechanics, there are only large workshops left.
If I go with an old Rover to a BMW agent, they laugh at me and don't even look at it.
They are full of work and certainly want to avoid complicated jobs that are deemed low-paying.
I hope to be able to go home and that the old mechanic I usually go to will help me.
robimo is offline   Reply With Quote