View Single Post
Old 1st August 2022, 21:47   #7
edwardmk
Gets stuck in

MG ZT 260, Rover 75 Connie SE auto

Default Make a note of your Locking nut removal tool serial number?

My recent experience with locking nuts as follows. Went to the garage to check out a slow air leak (driver front around 1psi/day.) Couldn't find the locking wheel nut key.
Drove home and searched 'everywhere'. Looked on the Bay for locking nut removal tools (expensive). Called Rimmer Bros. 'Do you have the locking wheel nut tool for a Rover 75' 'cos I've lost mine'. "Yes!" 'I'd like to order one.' "Give me the serial number of the tool please". 'Where can I find that number?' "It's on the tool'. 'But I've lost the tool!' "Has the previous owner noted down the tool number in your paperwork?" 'Unfortunately not'. "Well unfortunately we can't supply you with the locking nut removal tool".
Expletives deleted, SWMBO overheard, went to the car and found said tool in the ash tray. 'You're blind' I was politely informed. Regardless, happy outcome, although I couldn't find a serial number on the removal tool to note down anywhere. I should probably get the better half to look at the said tool in case I missed it
edwardmk is offline   Reply With Quote