View Single Post
Old 2nd August 2022, 15:16   #166095
roverbarmy
This is my second home

Roverless + 1.7D Sportage

Thanked 2,021 Times in 1,449 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevestrat View Post

What's going on with Tesco. I took a fancy to make a recipe I'd seen on Hairy Bikers, Indonesian spicy pork stew, needed kecap manis (an Indonesian version of sweet soy sauce) or as an alternative, sweet soy sauce. Went to the nearest Tesco, there used to be a sizeable eastern foods section, five or six shelf sections, now only one shelf section with little more than ordinary soy sauce Only thing I could find was the second alternative to kecap manis, Hoisin sauce. As well as the shrunken eastern food section there were gaps in the shelves all over the place.

Spicy pork tasted "ok" but need to make it with the proper sauce or at least sweet soy.
Our local Tesco is the same. A lot less choice than there used to be. Lots of basic stuff but none of the stuff for a "special occasion"! Lots of gaps on the shelves have been filled with more of the same old and everything has been moved around, so no-one would notice - but we have!!! We took a tour around our local Lidl and that is now far superior, with lots of new lines and the in store bakery beats the Tesco store hands down!