View Single Post
Old 4th December 2022, 08:31   #13996
2Diesels
Trader

ZT 260SE, Connoisseur CDT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickshaw View Post
Someone needs to thank 2Diesels for the brilliant work he has done on those Sills and the value of those photos he has posted. So I am congratulating him here. Quite uplifting to see what can be done to keep these motors going - certainly better than giving up and dragging a car off to the breakers as too many do!
Well done and thanks
It’s nice to receive some recognition for the hard work we put into it.

The thanks are really due to my mate “Negative Phil” who has done a fantastic job of stitching it all together, I couldn’t do that. I’ve had all the exciting stuff like drilling out the 15 billion spotwelds to separate everything.

I bought that car sight unseen during the lockdowns of 2020 & pressed it into service as the 1.8 I was running at the time had waved it’s white flag. I ran the test off it & I kind of bonded with the car. It was during mot preparation the n/s/f jacking point collapsed & almost sealed it’s fate.

If I hadn’t had that mainly rust free write-off shell in my yard, then I don’t think you would be seeing these pics. We basically chopped both sides out of the car & unpicked the necessary panels. We deemed the rear end not to be good enough to keep, so have used a couple of Tom Hobb’s jacking points & rear end sill repair panels & reconstructed part of the inner sill on the n/s using off cuts from the rest of the job.

I have a BRG tourer in the yard which needs its rear ends done, so that will be dragged into the workshop next, once that’s done I think we’ll tackle my ZT 260 which needs a minor repair to the o/s/r sill.

After that it’s the turn of the P5B Coupe which although not horrendous will still need quite a bit of reconstruction.
2Diesels is offline   Reply With Quote