View Single Post
Old 26th December 2022, 09:33   #167902
coolcat
This is my second home

Audi Q3 TDI S-Line Quattro

Thanked 12,235 Times in 8,232 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gate Keeper View Post
Good morning all, morning Jeff and Merry Christmas to Ros and yourself.

I am sorry to hear your nan had a fall and is in hospital with a broken hip? We hope it is not cracked and doesn't need any surgery. A worrying time for you both.

Yesterday it was about 25C, just right. We had a quiet Christmas Day, just Jessica and myself. Everyone else in the family have gone on safari for Christmas and New Year, still not strong enough after the major op 12 weeks ago, but we are grateful I made it to Christmas and can plan for the future, we count our blessings.

Jessica made Christmas cake for the staff here, the herdsmen, the gardeners, the maids and the askari's - night guards their wives and children.

With my appetite recently returning, Christmas lunch was cottage pie and mixed veg. We managed to escape killing a goose for the Christmas table.

Do keep us posted about your nan.
Morning Phil & Jessica.

Mum got a call from the hospital this morning to say that Nan will be having an operation at some point today as she has Broken her Hip unfortunately.
I have told Mum to keep me posted and happy to take her to Colchester Hospital if Nan is allowed visitors.
Nan is 98 years old so obviously there are risks with surgery at that age. She is also suffering Vascular Dementia which is why she is now in a care home.

I have not been able to see my Nan for two plus years due to the Covid rules that were put in place. My Mum and Her Brother were the nominated Family members who were allowed access. That rule was relaxed recently so I'm hoping Nan does make a recovery and I do get to see her whilst she still recognises her family and the Dementia doesn't completely take over.

Sorry you missed out on the Safari this time Phil but glad you had a great Christmas and can plan for going on Safari again soon

Those cakes Jessica made sound delicious